One of Waterloo's most recognisable bars has been undergoing a big revamp over the past few months. For those of us who have lived in London for a while, most have been to The Fire Station at some point (it's one of the most obvious meeting points close to Waterloo Station). And now The Fire Station is getting ready to reveal the results.
The intersior design is yet to be fully revealed. But we are told: "the contemporary industrial look has touches of steam punk - vintage fire extinguisher, ceiling lights made with fire engine hose pipes, coat hooks from piping – and a repro wall panel showing the 1666 Great Fire of London."
There's a new menu on offer with a mix of burgers and wood-fired pizzas. The pizzas include
- Parma ham, chorizo iberico, beef ragu, salami, pepperoni
- Marinated buffalo mozzarella & basil
- Smoked mackerel, king prawns, mascarpone, soft boiled egg.
The burgers, meanwhile, include a Black & Gold burger (black pudding & double cheese) as well as a glazed short-rib burger and a crispy portobello mushroom burger with red onion and blue cheese.
And it's an all-day venue too, with breakfast and brunch options too, including
- Short rib bubble & squeak with fried eggs
- Smashed avocado roll, sautéed mushrooms, roasted vine tomatoes, poached eggs on sourdough toast
- Portobello mushroom, potato rosti, cheese, fried egg in a seeded roll
As for drinks, new cocktails have been added, as well as coffee from Caravan. Those cocktails include:
- Old Fashioned with housemade cinnamon syrup and smoked with oak chips
- Pear Fizz with Absolut Pear Vodka, pear purée and prosecco
- Vanilla & Fig Sour made with fig-infused Maker’s Mark bourbon
The revamped Fire Station opens on 2 July 2015 at 150 Waterloo Road, London SE1 8SB. There will be a soft launch from 2-4 July with 50% off food. For more information, follow them on Twitter @150waterlooroad