After opening the ground floor pub, East London pub the Culpeper is now getting ready to open its main restaurant on its first floor called The Culpeper Kitchen.
As with the food already on offer in the pub, it's been run under their head chef Sandy Jarvis (who was previously at Terroirs). He's promising a seasonal menu as well as some large sharing plates for two or more. As for the rest of the food - their sample menu includes:
- Burnt Calçots, Romesco Sauce £7
- Red Wine Braised Squid, Lemon, Garlic & Parsley £8.50
- Raw Chopped Beef, Bottarga & Rosemary £8
- Caramelized Salsify Tart, Red Onion & Goat’s Curd £12
- Wild Sea Bass, Brown Shrimps, Cucumber & Dill £16
- Crispy Lamb Breast; Parsnip, Anchovy & Mint Salad £14
- 42 Day Aged 1Kg Prime Rib, Pommes Anna Chips, Hispi Cabbage (for 3-4) £75
- 400g Veal Chop, Sage, Lemon & Caper Butter (for 2) £50
- Baked Vacherin Mont D’Or, Cooked Ham, New Potatoes (for 2) £32
- Poached Blood Orange, Cardamom Salted Granola & Ricotta £6
- Choc Chip Cookies Panna Cotta, & Chocolate Sauce £6
- Rhubarb, Polenta & Almond Tart £6
Alongside all that will be natural wines from Les Caves de Pyrene plus all the beers and cocktails already available in the downstairs pub.
The first floor dining room seats 44 and will also feature an open kitchen and apparently "a large marble table acting as the kitchen pass stretches out into the room joining diners and kitchen".
The Culpeper Kitchen is at 40 Commercial Street London E1 6LP and the restaurant will open officially March 10 (but you can go in now). It will initially open for dinner Tuesday to Saturday. For more information, follow them on Twitter @TheCulpeper.
Photo by Paul WF.