Pop-up supperclub people Sabel definitely became people to watch after their last event (getting a 9/10 from Chris Pople), and now they're back for a brief stint before Christmas. It's in support of the RowtoRio campaign which will see a team attempt to get to the Olympics in Rio using human power alone (rowing and cycling),
Sabel's chef Toby Williams has a background in The Square and Momofuku and has put together a menu including:
- White port and tonic on arrival
- Partridge sausage rolls, pickled pears; Croquetta's de quejo; Ceviche of queen scallops, lime, basil and avocado
- Oxtail and beef cheek pie, smoked mash and liquor
- Root vegetable and penny bun pie, smoked mash
- Malted chocolate bread & butter pudding
By all accounts, they're well worth catching for a pre-Christmas meal. It's only £35 and will be in F Cooke pie shop in Hoxton. Tickets are available now and you can snag one here.