Mayfair restaurant 34 is undergoing a week-long change in May as they invite Ben Orpwood, a British chef now based in Sydney, to take over the kitchen for their Gone Fishing pop-up for six days.
He'll be revamping the menu with his own dishes which include:
- Sharing plates with sashimi, scallops with yuzu & soy granita and tuna tataki from the raw bar
- Fish skewers, spicy barbecue octopus, hot smoked salmon with pickled ginger and British shellfish with XO sauce from the Robata grill
- Salt and pepper lamb cutlets and Japanese beef fillets
- Desserts (working with 34 pastry chef Alice Hall) - doughnuts, ice creams, peanut crunch bar, cheesecake and Ben’s yuzu and frozen marshmallow and chocolate tofu.
- Plus a few classic 34 dishes - steaks, lobster mac and shrimp cocktail
The 34 Gone Fishing pop-up runs from 12-17 May at 34 Grosvenor Square, London W1K 2HD. To book, call them on 020 3350 3434. Find out more about 34.