A while back, we reported that Chutney Mary was on the move, crossing town to St James and in turn making way for a new Indian restaurant on the Kings Road site. Well Masala Grill has just opened its doors and we've had lots more information about the menu there.
The informal restaurant is from the same stable as Amaya, Chutney Mary, Veeraswamy and Masala Zone. The new Masala Grill will have a menu of street snacks and grilled fish and meat as well as curries, biryanis and thalis.
Typical dishes on the launch menu at Masala Grill include:
- Mutter Tikki Chaat (spiced green pea and mash cake with yoghurt and chutney)
- Chicken Sixer (with red chilli and onions)
- Pani Puri (whole wheat puffs filled with lentils and tamarind chutney, topped with spicy dressing)
- Poppy Seed and Mustard Chicken Korma
- And, for dessert Gulab Jamun with Salted Caramel Ice Cream
On Sundays (from 17 May onwards) they'll be running a lunch buffet for £26 per person (£13 for children under 10) from Sunday, 17 May onwards.
Masala Grill is now open at 535 Kings Road, London SW10 0SZ. Telephone 020-‐7351 7788. Opening hours are daily for dinner (6.30pm-11.15pm Monday-Friday, 6pm-11.15pm Saturday, and from 6pm-10.30pm on Sunday), and lunch on Sunday 12.30pm-3pm).