What: Abd el Wahab Belgravia
In a nutshell: Popular Middle East restaurant comes to London.
Summing it all up: Abd el Wahab is a popular group of Middle Eastern restaurants and has come to London - bringing along a mix of Lebanese and Middle Eastern cooking with it.
Abd el Wahab already has popular restaurants across the Middle East, including Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Cairo Bahrain and Qatar - as well as the original in Lebanon. And now they've settled on London as the first place for their International restaurants.
The restaurant specialises in Lebanese cuisine with more Middle Eastern influences too. So othat means kicking off with lots of Mezze from their Fattouch (greens, tomato, cucumber mixed with sumac spice, lemon juice and pomegranate molasses and topped with toasted flatbread) to Quinoa Tabbouleh (mixed chopped parsley, cherry tomatoes, spring onions and mint, mixed with steamed quinoa and dressed with olive oil and lemon dressing).
Also on the menu will be:
- Ras Asfour - sautéed veal filet with pomegranate, garlic and lemon
- Batata - friend potatoes with garlic, coriander and chilli
- Kebbeh - deep friend kebbeh ball stuffed with lamb mincemeat onions and pine nuts
- Grilled jumbo prawns, grilled sea bass and baked fish - with onion, garlic, green chilli, tomatoes and coriander
- Abd el Wahab Mixed Grill - grilled shrimps, lamb cutlets, marinated lamb skewers and chicken taouk
- Ouzzi - 10 hour low cooked leg of lamb, served with oriental rice and roasted nuts
And on top of all that, there will be kebabs too. As for wines, expect a big focus on Lebanese wines alongside European.
More about Abd el Wahab Belgravia
Where is it? 1-3 Pont St, Belgravia, London SW1X 9EJ
When does it open? Now open
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners