Covent Garden's food rennaisance continues as another promising restaurant is getting ready to open (officially) there. It's coming from two friends, Lucy Brown and Jenny Quintero, who left their careers to set up this new British restaurant (and who will also be running the front of house too). It's an all-day restaurant seating around 50, serving food up just until pre-theatre time.
The kitchen is headed up by Dominik Moldenhauer, who was previously worked at Heston Blumenthal’s Dinner (as Demi Chef de Partie) and Greenhouse in Perth (as Head Chef). He's put together a British menu that includes:
- Slow cooked duck egg, peas pudding, grilled ham, brioche, potato crisps (breakfast)
- Jar kitchen baked beans, sourdough toast, bacon, slow cooked eggs (breakfast)
- Truffled mushroom omelette with goats cheese, caramelised shallots. (breakfast)
- Ox cheek and cheddar croquettes with aioli and apple (lunch)
- House made tagiliatelle, braised beef, kale, ale, mushrooms, Jar Kitchen ricotta (lunch)
- Lemon sole, brown butter, preserved lemon, braised celery, capers and walnuts (lunch)
They'll be looking to create as much as possible from scratch, including granola, yoghurt, kombucha and ginger beer, with a plan to start smoking meat once later. Expect a small wine list and craft beer too.
Jar Kitchen officially opens at 176 Drury Lane, London, WC2B 5QF on March 16. Opening Times: Monday 12pm - 5pm, Tuesday & Wednesday 12pm - 9pm, Thursday & Friday 8am - 9pm and Saturday 10am - 5pm. Closed on Sundays. For more information, follow them on Twitter @JarKitchen