Coming soon to that growing foodie hub in Broadgate is a new Vietnamese restaurant, Hop, that specialises in boxes of Vietnamese food to have on the go (the word "hop" means box in Vietnamese).
The menu will cover the wide range of Vietnamese cuisine, including pho and banh mi, bun noodle salads and fusion summer rolls. It's been set up by a former City worker, Paul Hopper, inspired by his own trips across Vietnam. Promised for the menu so far is:
- Spiced Pork & Fried Egg Banh Mi (w mayo, onion, cucumber, pickled veg, mint, coriander, chilli) - £3.75
- Bacon, Egg and Spring Onion Congee - £3.50
- Spice Pork Hot Meal Box (with perilla, lemongrass, crispy shallots, served with steamed fragrant rice, shredded salad, pickled and green veg) - £6.75
- Beef Pho (noodle broth with pulled beef brisket and fresh herbs) - £6.25
- Chilli Chicken & Hot Mint Bun Noodle Salad (w vermicelli rice noodles, herbs and crispy salad leaves and a lemongrass dressing)- £6.50
- Pork Pate & Pork Belly Banh Mi (with creamy mayo, fresh herbs, onion and cucumber) - £4.95
- Roast Beef & Horseradish Summer Roll (with Nouc Cham, Hoisin and peanut or sweet cucumber pickle dips) -- £2.10
Alongside all that is Vietnamese coffee, teas, lemonade smoothies, pastries and desserts which include lomongrass jelly and rice pudding with mango.