Now this one slipped right under the radar. Alerted by a mention by Fay Maschler in the Standard, we bring news of a new restaurant from the people behind Honey and Co - Honey and Smoke. This Middle Eastern grill is already open on Great Portland Street. We blame us being late to the party by being distracted by our New York trip, but as with all good news, better late than never!
The menu is a combination of meze and grill and, as you'd expect from the team behind Honey and Co - it looks GREAT, including:
- Baba ganoush - burnt aubergine dip, seeded lavoush (£6)
- Msabaha - chickpeas cooked overnight, Turkish pepper-garlic, tahini (£5)
- Burnt celeriac, urfa chilli butter, sour cream & chives (£6)
- Cauliflower florets with homemade amba & tahini (£6)
- Charred marinated octopus with meshwiya (£15.50)
- Hamama - pigeon with sweet onion, pine nuts & sultanas (£14.50)
- Joojeh kebab - chicken in saffron, yogurt, nigella seeds & soured oranges (£13.50)
- Lamb chops in tahini BBQ sauce, coriander & charred Victoria plums (£15.50)
- Whole burnt aubergine, scorched yolk, chili, garlic & tahini (£12.50)
You can see the whole menu here - just don't go near that if you're even slightly hungry as it all just looks TOO good. But as it's open now - if it's all too much for you, then you can book immediately here.
Honey and Smoke is open now at 216 Great Portland St, London W1W 5NN. It's open for dinner on Tues-Sat, from 5.30pm with lunch following soon. For more, follow them on Twitter @Honeyandco.