Harrods have a real thing about truffles at the moment. Not only have they recently opened a truffle shop, they're now expanding their truffle focus to a new restaurant, Tartufi and Friends.
Already with outlets in Milan and Rome, the London branch of the restaurant chain will be launching on the lower ground floor of Harrods. Everything on the menu will have the option of being either with fresh black or white truffles (with the white version pushing up the prices considerably).
On the menu, expect (with black/white truffle prices):
- Paté de Foie Gras with truffle (£29/£38)
- Bufala Mozzarella D.O.P. and honey with truffle (£16/£36)
- “Tartufi & Friends” Risotto with fresh truffle (£30/£70)
- Duck Club Sandwich with crispy asparagus and celeriac with truffle, egg, corn crisp, pomegranate and fresh truffle ( 28/£43) - pictured
- Polenta with melted cheese, porcini mushrooms and fresh truffle (£24/£36)
- “Tartufi & Friends” Hamburger with chianina beef, foie gras, sweet onion marmelade, fresh truffle, mustard & mayonnaise with truffle (£35/£75)
- "Corso Venezia 18" Milanese veal cutlet with Ponte Nuovo potatoes and fresh truffle (£34/£68)
- Lightly seared prawns, pumpkin cream with truffle, foie gras, hazelnuts and fresh truffle (£36/£68)
- Omelette with fresh truffle (£20/£39)
And yes, your eyes aren't deceiving you, that is a £75 hamburger on the menu.
And the truffles don't stop there as they're in the cocktails too, including the Truffle Martini (coffee, cacao liquor, truffle honey, slices of Truffle) and the Tartufi & Friends Margarita (tequila, lime, white truffle salt).
Tartufi and Friends opens on the lower ground floor at Harrods in April. For the latest from Harrods, follow them @Harrods