There's no stopping the vegan train as more and more places are adding vegan dishes to the menu. And one pub is going one step further and becoming totally vegan. Hackney's The Spread Eagle is teaming up with Club Mexicana for a fully vegan menu.
And on that menu is:
- Sopa de tortilla, Corn esquites and pan seared ‘scallops’
- Deep fried cheeze with Valentina hot sauce
- Loaded cheezy nachos and Quesadillas with ‘chorizo’
- Tacos including Jackfruit carnitas, Baja tofish, ‘Beef’ Barbacoa and ‘Pork’ Al Pastor
- Californian-style Burritos stuffed with Beer Battered Tofish and Chips (£8)
- MFC (Mexican Fried Chick’n) Torta - served with pickles and chipotle mayonnaise.
- Death by Taco: a deep fried taco dipped in chocolate, rolled in nuts, stuffed with ice cream and topped with salted caramel sauce.
And the vegan menu doesn't stop there - as there will be 16 vegan beers on tap and a specially created house "Spread Eagle Lager", a vegan wine list of small batch organic bottles and cocktails. So that's everything a pub-going vegan will ever need.
Where: 224 Homerton High St, London E9 6AS
When: The new menu is available from Thursday 18th January 2018
Find out more: Visit their website.