We've news on a new restaurant opening in the City, serving "home-style" Indian dishes. It's called Gunpowder and is just around the corner from Spitalfields Market.
It's run by Harneet Baweja, an Indian entrepeneur who wanted to bring something different to the scene. So the menu, by head chef Nirmal Save - from Zaika and The Tamarind Collection, features:
- Chettinad Pulled Duck with homemade oothappam (£7.50)
- Spicy Venison and Vermicelli Doughnut (£3.50)
- Maa’s Kashmiri Lamb Chops (£8.90)
- Whole Baby Chicken, chargrilled in tandoori spices (£15)
- Kolapuri Lamb Shanks (£16.50).
- Old Monk Rum Pudding (£5.50)
- Molten Spice Chocolate Cake with Masala Chai Custard (£5.50).
Gunpowder will open at 11 Whites Row, London E1 7NF on 11 November. Follow them on Instagram @gunpowder_london