As rumoured for a few months now, there's now officially a brand new restaurant from the Galvin brothers on the way. They're opening Galvin at the Athenaeum, part of the huge multi-million pound revamp that the Piccadilly hotel is currently undergoing.
The food on offer will be a mix of British dishes and Galvin favourites - so expect:
- Galvin smoked salmon and steak tartare with toasted sourdough
- Dressed Portland crab with Hampshire watercress & rye bread
- Soused Cornish Herrings with marinated Ratte potatoes & pickled cucumber
- Woodhall Cumbrian air dried ham & Charentais melon.
- Toasted crisp sourdough, English peas, avocado, lemon & fresh ricotta
- Spelt pasta, violet artichokes, goats curd and almond
- Belly of Dingley Dell pork, Mr Brown’s black pudding, apple & hazelnut salad
- Grilled Herdwick Barnsley lamb chop, aubergine & mint hollandaise.
Alongside all that, desserts include vanilla, lemon & blackcurrant ice cream sundae and summer raspberry trifle. And they'll be putting their mark on an afternoon tea too.
They'll also be in charge of the bar - simply called THE BAR at The Athenaeum (it's the area that used to be the Garden room) and Italian bartender Giancarlo Mancino will be looking after that. Expect the Athenaeum's vast whisky collection to be showcased there.