21/11/18 - updated with even more traders
Hello Wembley! No, not the words out of the mouth of the next star to play at Wembley Stadium but the greeting from all the food traders hitting London for the biggest Boxpark EVER. They're already well established in Shoreditch and Croydon and now they're heading north-west as the latest Boxpark will be at Wembley Park.
It's going to eclipse what the group have done before at Shoreditch and Croydon. There will be 27 food and drink outlets transforming what - let's face it used to be a pretty dire place to eat and drink - into a foodie paradise. In addition to all the food and drink spots, this new site will feature a 2000 capacity arena space for large-scale events, and a BoxBar with all the craft beers, fine wines and spirits you could wish for.
Now we're slowly starting to hear just who's going to be on the site. So far we know about:
- KoolCha - Kutir's Rohit Ghai specialises in Kulcha
- Mama Jacqs - Caribbean home-cooking including tender boneless curry goat, spiced jerk wings and peppered prawns.
- Zucla - lots of noodles and a focus on Chinese, Malaysian and Indonesian cuisines.
- Hola Guacamole - Mexican street food with tacos and a large selection of burritos. This will be their first permanent site.
- Bombay Burrito - with Indian-inspired burritos and bowls, including their Bombay Royale with Cheese.
- Oatopia - specialising in all things oats, with homemade flapjacks, freshly cooked porridge, toasted bagels, smoothies and more,
- Gabagools - sandwiches and subs, including mac and cheese balls made using a classic Jamaican recipe.
- WOLF - Italian street food traders. Specials include steak parmesan alfredo piada.
- TapaVino - as the name suggests, expect a combination of tapas and wine.
- Boki - Primarily artisan coffee (also based in Covent Garden), they'll also be serving up food.
- Drum and Flats - They can also be seen at Peckham Levels, serving up lots of chicken wings with homemade sauces.
- Cut + Grind - offering freshly ground burgers, as well as popcorn halloumi bites served with chilli jam.
- Nanny Bills - more burgers, this time with a healthy amount of gravy on the side.
- Smoky Boys - BBQ food, including burgers, ribs, chicken, hot dogs and more.
- Mitsuryu - Teishoku meals (set Japanese meals - main side and miso soup.
- Zia Lucia - the pizza restaurant already has a site in Islington and Brook Green - and this sees them go further west. Expect a big focus on their 48-hour fermented doughs - particularly the charcoal-based one (which we can attest is pretty damned good).
- The Athenian - They started in London at the original Boxpark and grew from there. Expect a modern take on traditional Greek street food with souvlaki, gyros
and new vegan and vegetarian options.
- Ugly Dumpling - serving up fusion dumplings, including a cheeseburger dumpling
- Kabab - Another street food vendor that's settling down - this time serving up gourmet kebabs and halloumi fries
- Spice Shack - Indian food from a Wembley local - thay already have a restaurant nearby and are moving into Boxpark too.
- Thai Express - they're also at Boxpark Croydon and will be bringing Thai street food to Wembley
More about Boxpark Wembley
Where: Olympic Way, Wembley
When: 8 December 2018