19/10/21 - updated with the opening date and menu
It's been 33 years since Mildreds first opened its doors in Soho, in a flash transforming London's vegetarian restaurant scene. Now they're getting ready to open their first brand new restaurant in over three decades.
Mallow is going to be a totally new restaurant from the team in Borough Market. Located in a building right opposite Southwark Cathedral, it's being touted as "an extension of the market" by which we deduce that much or all of the menu will use the lovely plant produce being sold by traders there. It'll also be the first fully plant-based restaurant in the Market as well as making sure that it produces limited waste, leaving a positive impact on the environment.
They'll make as much on-site as possible, from vegan feta, labneh and flatbreads to garden pickles, jams and spice blends for a menu that includes:
- Cauliflower chaatt with coriander yoghurt
- Porcini truffle croquettes, leeks and aioli
- Shiitake dashi, udon, mushroom sesame tempeh and daikon
- Banana blossom tacos with smashed peas, pistachio mole and pink grapefruit
- Plum plant chicken burger.
- Kumquat lemon meringue pie
- Chocolate hazelnut financier
On top of that, there will be a weekend brunch which includes a Full English with scrambled tofu, maple baked beans, mushroom, potatoes, sausage, kale and sourdough toast.
More about Mallow
Where is it? 1 Cathedral Street, Borough Market, London, SE1 9DE
When? 8 November 2021
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners