26/8/21 - updated with all the burger details
It's so nice to see the big food events coming back to life, isn't it? After last year's craziness, one of our favourites - the National Burger Day Party - is returning with a vengeance for 2021. The event devoted to all things burger related is going to have a central event in the heart of London.
This year, they'll be taking over Vinegar Yard at London Bridge on 27 August with a whole host of burger slingers coming to thrill burger fans. They're planning one-off specials, alongside fan favourites and - a great idea if you want to try as much as possible - each burger will be served in slider size so guests can attempt to sample them all.
As for those burgers - here's what's going to be on offer...
- Bleecker Burger: The Green Chili Cheeseburger - classic beef patty, topped with diced, fire roasted green chile, and melted Swiss cheese. Inspired by the now sadly closed Bobcat Bite in Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Nanny Bills: The Yard Slider - smashed Aged Rib Cap and Bavette Beef, American cheese, Burnt butter Mayo, Smoked Brisket, Seeded Bun
- BOB's Lobster: Lobster Cheeseburger Slider - The ultimate surf & turf combo, lobster tail meat with a dry-aged beef patty, steak sauce, American cheese & caramelised onions on a custom brioche bun
- Baba G's: Lamb Jalfrezi Slider - a spiced lamb patty served with a cool mint cumin riatha mango pulp and a mixed coriander and onion salsa served with a crispy bhaji on top
- Adam Rawson: El Guero - Aged Galician beef, Stilton misonnaise, smoked bacon, charred jalapenos, sesame bun, baby spinach
- Symplicity by Neil Rankin: Symplicity Mini Mac - Symplicity burger patty topped with sauce, crispy onions, pickle and shredded lettuce in a sesame bun.
- Bad Boy Pizza Society: CHEESEBURGZA - tomato and mozzarella base, topped with mini burger patties, burger cheese, onion slices and diced gherkin
- Sugo: Fry Shack, serving three variations of fries
A few tickets are still available - so hurry if you want to be part of the action.
More about National Burger Day
Where is it? 72-82 St Thomas St, London SE1 3QX
When? 27 August 2021
How to book; Tickets are available online. They're £12 and include two free cans of Two Tribes lager or ale (or soft drinks).
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners