One of the oddest/fun things about TikTok is the way the platform creates viral food trends - like the baked feta pasta dish or the insane craze for Little Moons ice-cream mochi, which led to the dessert being about as hard to find in London as a pair of Nike Air Jordan 1 Highs.
With that in mind, we're pretty sure that the arrival of London's first dedicated mochi bar, which opened this week, is going to do well.
The Mochi Bar is now open at the Japan Centre in Leicester Square. They'll be baking their own mochi every day and here's what's going to be on the menu.
- Mochi Donuts Pon de Ring - available in sugar glaze and sakura cherry blossom flavours among others
- Mochi Cookies filled with mochi bites
- Mochi Daifuku with a sweet adzuki red bean centre
- Mochi Pan Bread - a soft bread made with mochiko rice flour, parmesan and cheddar cheese
- Mochi Dango - skewered chewy mochi rice balls covered in a variety of sweet traditional Japanese sauce options, including kuromitsu black sugar syrup
- Mochi Ice Cream
So head on down, pick up some fresh mochi and you can also order a bubble tea to go with your purchase.
More about the Japan Centre Mochi BAr
Where is it? Japan Centre, 35b Panton St, London SW1Y 4EA
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners