A big new alfresco space is coming to Hackney, brought to you by the people behind Peckham Levels and Pop Brixton. Hackney Bridge (once known as Clarnico Quay) has had a big makeover and will eventually feature workspaces, restaurants, events and more.
Kicking things off is Spring in the Courtyard which brings in street food vans to look after the food while we're all in alfresco mode. They're:
- The Jewish Deli - Traditionally-made hot salt beef, bagels, latkes, falafel & reuben sandwiches.
- Made In Puglia - Neopolitan-style pizzas
- Hermanos Taco House - tacos include smoky chipotle beef, roasted chilli squash and more
- Filigrilz - flame-grilled meats and combos, loaded with rice, fresh salad & pickled veg.
- STEAKhaus - steak and chips (and extras)
- Pasta E Basta - pasta dishes with pesto, slow-cooked ragùs and local produce.
- Da Fish Ting - soft shell crabs and fish burgers in charcoal brioche buns and more
There's also a bar with craft beer from local breweries and cocktails.
Later on in August 2021 will see the start of the Hackney Bridge Kitchens - a more permanent home for the restaurants and The Jewish Deli is the first to be confirmed for that area. We'll have more on that soon. Some great people have started off in Pop Brixton and Peckham Levels, so this could be very interesting.
In the meantime, you can now book a space in the courtyard, so if you're still planning on an alfresco outing - this could do the job.
More about Hackney Bridge
Where is it? Units 1-28, ECHO BUILDING, E Bay Ln, London E15 2SJ
When does it open? Spring in the Courtyard starts on 14 April 2021
How to book: Book online
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners