One of the big new openings of 2019 has announced its reopening - but it's not quite the same as when it left. Silo, Douglas McMaster's no-waste restaurant in Hackney Wick, is going to temporarily return as a wine bar - the Silo X Wine Bar, to be precise.
The menu - continuing to be a no-waste affair - has been reconfigured a little and includes:
- ‘Siloaf’ & aged butter
- Koji quavers & dip and a Soy egg with lava salt
- "Hot 4 U" Spring onion pancake
- Preserved tomato, fig leaf, cottage cheese
- Grilled Cuttlefish kebab with umami dipping sauce
- Green pea Naan with roasted tomato dip
- Grilled flatbread with smoked aubergine
- Silo’s smoked pork bun.
Wines will be low or no intervention, with artisanal producers being showcased, like
Later in the year, they're looking to move back to the full Silo restaurant experience - and we'll let you know when that happens.
More about Silo X Wine Bar
Where is it? The White Building, Unit 7, Queens Yard, Hackney Wick, London E9 5EN
When does it open? 20 August 2020, Thursday - Sunday
Photo by Clare Lewington
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners