Heston Blumenthal is bringing Dinner back to London in stages - and one of them involves a takeaway version of his famous Meat Fruit.
The restaurant will be launching with the Garden Terrace on 1 August, followed by the main restaurant on 1 September - but it's the collection service, kicking off on 24 July that has us really interested. It's the first time Heston's tried this in London (The Hind's Head in Bray has already been serving an At Home menu).
There are three set menus - The Vivendier Menu (c.1430), Forme of Cury Menu (c.1390) and Royal Cooking Menu (v) (c.1716). All of them feature a version of Meat Fruit - the mandarin, chicken liver parfait & toasted bread starter that is the restaurant's most famed dish. Even the vegetarian menu features a truffle version. Other dishes include:
- Earl Grey Tea Cured Salmon (c.1730) Pickled lemon salad, gentleman’s relish & sorrel
- Salamugundy (c.1730) Tomatoes, smoked goats curd & basil oil
- Chicken Cooked with Lettuces (c.1670) Grilled onion emulsion, celeriac & oyster leaf
- Roast Cauliflower (c.1390) Smoked brown butter, red wine & truffle macrows
- Sambocade (c.1390) Goats milk cheesecake, elderflower & walnuts
Alas - no sign of the Tipsy Cake. It's all collection only, but you could always take it out onto Hyde Park for a particularly special picnic. You can book the collection here.
More about Dinner at Heston Blumenthal
Where is it? 66 Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7LA
When does it open? 24 July for collection, 1 August in the Garden Terrace, 1 September in the restaurant.
How to book: Via their website (for a table or collection time)
Find out more: Follow them on Instagram @dinnerbyhb.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners