Eighteen months ago, popular North London gastropub, The Bull and Last, closed for what would be the mother of all makeovers. The whole pub was getting a fresh look and they were adding six new bedrooms for bed and breakfast.
Well now the wait for Highgate pub, which regularly featured on the top 50 gastropubs list, is over. It reopens tonight.
"We’ll be dinner only," they told Hot Dinners, "with lunch services starting Thursday 27th and weekend breakfasts following in a couple of weeks. The rooms are a little behind, and won't be completed until mid-April, but we'll be going full steam ahead on the ground floor for now."
One new thing that'll please punters who loved their Sunday roasts is that the pub will now be serving those on up Sunday evening as well.
The first menu, which is now up on the pub's website makes it sound well worth the trip, whether you're near to Hampstead Heath or not.
- Winter Tomatoes, London Burrata, Wild Fennel, Toasted Buckwheat, Moscatel Vinegar
- Smoked Eel Smørrebrød, Potato, Horseradish, Trout Roe
- Hake, Wild Seashore Vegetables, Pickled Palourde Clams, Butter Sauce
- Ex Dairy Ribeye, Triple Cooked Chips, Leaves Wild Garlic Butter
- Rhubarb & Almond Alaska, Bergamot & Ginger
Oh, and if all that wasn't enough to be getting on with, they also have a cookbook, coming out in September 2020.
More about The Bull and Last
Where is it? 168 Highgate Road, London NW5 1QS
When does it reopen? 26 February 2020
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners