What: Six by Nico
In a nutshell: Six dishes, changing every six weeks.
Summing it all up: Scottish chef Nico Simeone is heading to London with his concept restaurant, hitting up Fitzrovia with a regularly changing tasting menu.
The group already has restaurants in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Belfast, Liverpool and Manchester and now Scottish chef Nico Simeone is heading to London with his Six by Nico concept.
The idea is pretty simple - each restaurant serves a six-course tasting menu that changes every six weeks. They're still working out prices for London but those six courses will probably cost you between £33 and £35.
Simeone learned his trade at Michelin-starred Number One at Balmoral before opening the much-vaunted 111 in Glasgow (it got a rave review from Marina O'Loughlin) and then moving into the bistro game.
To give you an example of what to expect, food-wise, right now the theme in Liverpool is New York. So the six course menu on offer is:
- Beef burger doughnuts
- Eggs benedict with smoked ham hock terrine, brown butter hollandaise and quail egg
- Beef ragu, saffron pappardelle with Parmesan espuma
- Clam & Coley chowder with barbecue leeks, lemon gel and roasted corn
- Smoked Flat Iron Steak, Jerusalem artichoke, lovage emulsion and a brisket croquette
- New York Cheesecake, apple compote and a pecan and oat granola
Other recent menus have been The Chippy, 70s, Picnic and Sicily.
Six by Nico is opening on Charlotte Street this spring.
Deal brokered by AG&G
More about Six by Nico
Where is it? 33-41 Charlotte Street, London, W1T 1RR
When does it open? Spring 2020
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners