In a nutshell: Home-style cooking in Chelsea
Summing it all up: Colette is a traiteur and deli on Fulham Road that's looking to bring a sense of home cooking to Chelsea. With an ex-Ritz chef in charge they'll be serving up a seasonal menu and running a deli for take outs.
Coming to Chelsea is a new gourmet traiteur and delicatessen that's looking to provide a real home-from-home experience on the food they're selling. They're focusing on fresh, sustainable meals to take home and there's a deli attached.
They say they're aiming for a vintage feel with a long American walnut counter and speckled terrazzo floor. It's all about creating as warm a welcome as possible.
In charge of the kitchen is Chris Hill, most recently Premier Sous Chef at The Ritz Hotel, and planned for his menu are:
- Veal blanquette and chestnut gnocchi with glazed button onions
- Truffle tortellini with celeriac
- Twice-baked cheese soufflé served with poached apricots and walnuts
- Seared tuna, pickled turnip and edamame
- Confit duck, quinoa and shaved vegetables
- Smoked chicken, coriander, mango and cashew
- Israeli couscous with feta, sumac and pomegranate
- For dessert, caramelised apple tart and Paris Brest
Alongside those, whilst the weekend specials will include Celeriac and mushroom Wellington, Roast Black Leg chicken and grilled lobster with a Thai dressing.
As for the deli, that will feature more dishes to take home, including:
- Beef tartare and home-made scotch eggs
- Chicken liver and foie gras parfait with damson and pistachio
- Salmon and leek terrine
All that plus sliced charcuterie, smoked salmon, pots of caviar and fresh truffles, fine wines, artisan cheeses and luxury chocolates.
More about Colette
Where is it? 315 Fulham Road, London SW10 9QH
When does it open? 21 January 2020
Find out more: Follow them on Instagram @colettecuisine.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners