What: Tonkotsu Shoreditch
In a nutshell: Ramen and dumplings in Shoreditch
Summing it all up: Tonkotsu really are becoming London's chief ramen joint with this, their eleventh opening in town. Expect the usual ramen (and a signature Shoreditch option) as well as gyoza and lots more.
They've barely opened the doors in Peckham but now Tonkotsu are getting ready to open their next restaurant, this time in Shoreditch.
This will be their eleventh restaurant in London, which they're opening in a brand new building in New Inn Yard, close to Shoreditch High Street. At the centre of everything will be their signature ramen, all freshly made every day in-house using mid-century machines imported from Tokyo along with the stocks, also made fresh every day. Here's an example of what's on the menu:
- Tonkotsu (£11.00) Pork broth enriched with lardo & sea salt base. Thin-cut homemade noodles topped with roast pork belly, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, spring onions, burnt garlic oil and seasoned egg
- Seafood (£12.95) Chicken broth & sea salt base. Classic homemade noodles topped with butterflied king prawns, popcorn prawns, crab meat, wakame, bamboo shoots, spring onions and seasoned egg.
- Miso mushroom (£10.00) - Konbu and shiitake broth & miso base. Classic homemade noodles topped with shiitake, enoki & shimeji mushrooms, black kale, bamboo shoots, spring onions and seasoned egg.
- Chicken hiyashi with ponzu dressing (£10.00)
- Gyoza, including pork, ginger & garlic (£5.75)
- And the must-have chicken kara-age (£6.25)
Plus Shoreditch is getting its own signature ramen. That will be a rich and creamy pork and lardo broth with thin-cut noodles and topped with roast pork belly, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, spring onions, burnt garlic oil and a seasoned egg.
Alongside all that is their own sake, a custom Shimoda Session Pale Ale made by Magic Rock Brewing as well as Japanese whisky, beers, wines, cocktails and more.
More about Tonkotsu Shoreditch
Where is it? New Inn Yard, 1 Anning Street, London, E1 6HU
When does it open? 25 October 2019
Opening offer: All ramen and hiyashi bowls from the main menu will be just £5 until 31st October.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners