The people behind ABQ (the Breaking Bad-style cocktail bar) are gearing up for their next immersive experience, taking over the World's End Distillery in Chelsea for a travel-themed restaurant, with something of a twist of course.
It's all based around travelling - you choose the "route" you want to take and you'll get a two-hour 4-course and 4-drinks tasting menu (each one has a vegan option) - with a dish and a drink from every place in the Journey and every dish and drink "presented with a story behind it". The routes on offer are:
- The Silk Road (China -> Pakistan/India -> Persia -> The Mediterranean)
- Castilla (Peru -> Mexico -> Spain -> The Philippines)
- Eastern Block (The Baltics -> Poland -> Romania/Bulgaria -> Mother Russia)
- The Raj (Great Britain -> Pakistan/India -> USA -> Kenya)
Dishes planned for the menus (all by Disappearing Dining Club) include:
- Smoked Beetroot & Horseradish Mousse with Citrus & Truffle (from The Baltics)
- Three Oysters - Natural, Deep Fried, Bloody O’Mary (from Great Britain)
- Punjabi Spiced Mussels (from Pakistan/India)
- Pan Fried Sea Bass on a bed of Chorizo and Baked Fennel with Saffron Aioli (from Spain)
That's not all though - they also have a "Champagne Puking Unicorn" which, yes, pukes Champagne when you stroke it three times (hmm, maybe we should have led with that). On top of that, upstairs there will be Chelsea Black, an espresso martini bar.
More about Journey
Where is it? 459 King's Rd, Chelsea, London SW10 0LR
When does it open? 12 October 2019
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners