The Sun and 13 Cantons in Soho is gearing up for its next residency - this time it's the turn of Pampushka, serving up Ukrainian dishes from the pub in a six-month pop-up.
The Anglo/Ukrainian family - Maksym Shpachynskyi, his wife Elisha Shpachynska and their brother-in-law, chef Rob Neale, are aiming to serve up Ukranian dishes with a British twist. Planned for the menu are dishes that include:
- Little Kievs
- Pirozhki, a stuffed bread filled with bacon jam,
- Ukrainian dumplings or “Verenyky” in flavours that include Sardine & Tomato, Wild Mushroom with Garlic & Tarragon and Black Pudding & Caramelised Apple.
- Borscht with Pampushka - Traditional Ukrainian beetroot soup with pork + Ukrainian garlic bread
- Kovbasky platter and assorted sides - Chicken, beef & pork assorted handmade sausages Ukrainian style
- Golubtsy - Mushroom & rice stuffed savoy cabbage, tomato sauce
- Zrazy with wild boar — Wild boar stuffed potato cakes
- Babusya - Chicken & root vegetables, julienne sauce & mozzarella cooked in clay pot
And everything finishes off with Spartak cake (Layered chocolate and cream cake) or Ukrainian baked cheesecake and "Maks' mums jam".
More about Pampushka
Where is it? Sun and 13 Cantons, 21 Great Pulteney Street, Soho, London, W1F 9NG
When does it open? 19 September 2019 for six months
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners