Having only recently launched its first Pastorcito at the newly opened Arcade Food Theatre, the team behind El Pastor have already opened a second, this time at Mercato Metropolitano in Elephant and Castle. The El Pastor spin off from the Hart Brothers and Crispin Somerville is inspired by the market taquerias of Mexico, and offers a short menu of tacos, ’Super Gringa’ wheat wraps, frozen margaritas, Mexican beers, tequila and mezcal.
As with the main El Pastor restaurants in Borough Market and Coal Drops Yard, Pastorcito promises the same house made heirloom corn tortillas, that are made with corn sourced from individual farmers and producers in Mexico. On the Pastorcito Mercato Metropolitano menu will be:
- The signature Al Pastor taco, with 24 hour marinated pork shoulder, caramelised pineapple, guacamole taquero, white onion & coriander
- Baja fish taco with beer-battered sea bass, shredded cabbage and pico de gallo
- Chicken tinga tacos with jalapenÞo and sour cream
- Beef short rib to share with Chipotle-muscovado coriander seed spice rub, pickled red onion, La Maya salsa and fresh tortillas
- Fresh pea, charred corn, jalapeño and Mexican oregano tacos
'Super Gringas’ on the other hand, will be filled with carne pastor, pineapple and Oaxaca cheese and grilled, or as a veggie version with peas, corn and Mexican oregano.
More about Pastorcito
Where is it? Mercato Metropolitano Elephant and Castle, 42 Newington Causeway, London SE1 6DR
When does it open? Open now
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners