Mortimer House is on a bit of a roll at the moment. Not only getting rave reviews for its main restaurant, but also has huge success with the first of its guest series upstairs with Elizabeth Haigh, previewing her upcoming restaurant Kaizen House. Now it's the turn of the next chef, Oli Brown of Pop Brixton's Duck Duck Goose.
It's a mix of Chinese and European traditions, with produce sourced from some of the best in London. Here's what's on the menu:
- Duck and Foie Gras Spring Roll with Pickled Rhubarb (£3)
- Crab and Fennel Salad with XO, Chilli and Dill (£12)
- Steamed Sea Bass with Soy and Spring Onions (£22)
- Crispy Duck Leg and Pancakes, with Pickled Cherries, Hoisin and Five Spice Sugar (£16)
- Cha Chaan Teng French Toast with Caramel and Soy Ice Cream (£6.50).
Certainly sounds like a good menu. As for the venue, seating is across four communal tables and if you arrive early, you can pitch up in the members' bar.
More about Oli Brown at Mortimer House
Where is it? 37-41 Mortimer Street, London W1T 3JH
When does it run? 5-27 July 2019
How to book: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7139 4499.
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners