What: No.5 Social
In a nutshell: Little Social reborn
Summing it all up: Jason Atherton is closing his Little Social restaurant and launching a new concept in its place. Whereas Little Social was focused on French bistro food, No.5 Social will be all about seasonal British produce and will be led by Executive Chef Kostas Papathanasiou
After six years, Jason Atherton will be closing his French bistro Little Social on Friday 19th April. After a major refurbishment, the site will reopen again as an entirely new concept called No. 5 Social.
Nils Cassignol will be a restaurant manager and heading up the kitchen will be Kostas Papathanasiou, who was previously Sous Chef at Pollen Street Social. No. 5 Social’s menu will be championing the best of British produce, with menu highlights including:
- English heritage tomato salad with goat’s curd, almonds and fennel
- Poached Hebridean halibut, celeriac truffle emulsion and purée with pickled mushrooms and a black truffle beurre blanc
- Roasted Herdwick lamb chop and cannon fillet with crushed Jersey Royal potatoes, spring peas cucumber and mint
- Richmond Park honey, oat crumble, milk ice cream and meringue
- Chocolate fondant served with homemade blackcurrant sorbet
Seasonal British ingredients will extend to the cocktail list too, including ‘Dandelion', a combination of dandelion root, nettle tequila and agave finished with a sorrel solution and 'Rhubarb', a blend of rhubarb wine, sloe gin, and rosehip cup.
Commenting on the new restaurant Atherton said
Kostas has been an important part of The Social Company for the past three years and Irha and I felt it was time he was given his own project to run. We are sad to say goodbye to Little Social. It has been a hugely successful restaurant since its opening in 2013, however, we felt it was time for a new direction and know Kostas and Nils together, will make a great team and success of No.5 Social.
More about No.5 Social
Where is it? 5 Pollen Street, Mayfair, London W1S 1NE
When does it open? 9 May 2019
Subscribe to be the first to get the news from Hot Dinners